If you’ve heard a buzz about Emepelle products and MEP technology for skincare and you want to learn more, you’ve come to the right place!
I’ve done my due diligence to learn everything under the sun about MEP technology and its role in anti-aging skincare and treating EDS or estrogen-deficient skin.
In this article, I will share my findings about MEP technology for skincare, what role estrogen plays, and how MEP can be used in skincare to promote anti-aging or pro-aging.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read disclosure here
MEP A unique ingredient that acts only on the skin is able to help restore lost collagen and is
clinically proven to help improve the appearance of Estrogen Deficient Skin associated with perimenopause and menopause.
This innovative ingredient provides benefits exclusively for the skin.
MEP technology is clinically proven to safely and effectively help improve dryness, dullness, laxity, atrophy, and the appearance of fine lines for more healthy, youthful-looking skin.
With the help of this technology, consumers can now achieve more youthful-looking skin without resorting to invasive procedures or synthetic products.
MEP (Methyl Estradiolpropanoate)
According to Dermatology advisor.com, Methyl estradiolpropanoate (MEP), is a safe and tolerable topical soft estrogen cosmeceutical designed to treat Estrogen Deficient Skin (EDS) and rejuvenate the facial appearance of postmenopausal women.
How MEP Technology works
According to this study published in the Journal of Drugs and DermatologyMEP absorbs into the skin and interacts with your estrogen receptors the same way actual estrogen would increase moisture retention, elasticity, and collagen production.
Estrogen and Skin
Estrogen is known to be an important hormone for healthy and youthful skin.
It helps to maintain the production of collagen and elastin, two proteins that are essential for a firm, wrinkle-free complexion.
Estrogen is also responsible for maintaining skin hydration levels and overall skin health.
Low estrogen levels lead to estrogen-deficient skin or EDS.
women experience estrogen-deficient skin as they transition from peri-menopause to menopause when estrogen levels naturally diminish.
As estrogen levels drop, there is a loss of collagen production Estrogen deficient skin develops which affects the skin’s health and appearance of skin.
Symptoms of Estrogen-Deficient Skin (EDS)
Evidence indicates that the declining levels of estrogen during menopause are responsible for the characteristic skin changes, namely epidermal thinning, loss of collagen, diminished skin moisture, increased laxity, and impaired wound healing source)
EDS (estrogen-deficient skin) or menopausal skin can result in:
- Dry Skin.
- Uneven skin tone
- Pruritus or itching and skin rashes.
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin sagging or atrophy
- Skin thinning.
- Dark Spots or age spots
- Slow wound healing.
Treatments for Estrogen-Deficient Skin
- Eating right can help treat the symptoms of estrogen-deficient skin
- Take Anti-Aging supplements
- Stay Hydrated from the inside out helps skin dryness
- Don’t smoke!
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Follow an anti-aging skincare routine
- Always Wear Sunscreen!
- Consider Hormone Replacement Therapy
Related article: My Story about BHRT (Pellet Hormones)
Use MEP Technology in Skincare
The use of MEP Technology for skincare products helps to activate and increase the production of estrogens in the skin, allowing them to penetrate deeper into the cells for maximum anti-aging benefits.
This can help to improve skin hydration, firmness, and elasticity, reducing the signs of aging and more.
The Benefits of MEP (MEPTechnology™)
• More youthful appearance – increased estrogen levels in the skin can help to reduce wrinkles and fine lines, as well as improve skin elasticity leading to more radiant skin.
• Improved hydration – Improves visible signs of dryness. Increased estrogen levels promote better skin hydration, which helps to keep your complexion looking healthier and more vibrant.
• Reduced inflammation – MEP Technology can activate certain anti-inflammatory pathways, which can help to reduce redness, puffiness, and other signs of irritation.
• Enhanced collagen production – increased estrogen levels can help to boost the production of collagen, which is essential for maintaining a firm complexion.
Emepelle® is the first and only line of skin care products available with patented MEP Technology® to help improve the appearance of Estrogen Deficient Skin. (source)
Emepelle Eye Cream helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, under-eye puffiness, and dark circles.
This rich, creamy, and fast-absorbing eye cream features breakthrough MEP technology® along with caffeine, antioxidants, peptides, emollients, and humectants, such as mango seed butter and hyaluronic acid, to leave skin feeling hydrated, soft, and supple
- Targets the root cause of Estrogen Deficient Skin: Dry Skin, Dull Skin, and Sagging Skin
- Lightweight and fast absorbing, suitable for layering with other products and under makeup
- Gluten-free, paraben-free
- Suitable for all skin types
- Dermatologist-Tested, Ophthalmologist-Tested, Non-Irritating, Fragrance-Free
- MEP Technology® – Helps address the root cause of Estrogen Deficient Skin non-hormonally, to revitalize skin’s natural source of radiance
- Caffeine – For a less puffy, smoother, and more toned eye area.
- Vitamin E – For free radical defense
- Peptides – Helps combat oxidative stress and improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and skin laxity
- Emollients and Humectants – Including Mango Seed Butter and Hyaluronic Acid. Helps to hydrate the skin and replenish the skin’s moisture barrier
Emepelle Serum is a lightweight, oil-free daily serum that helps to restore skin’s natural source of radiance for more healthy, youthful-looking skin.
This silky smooth serum features MEP Technology™ improves firmness, hydration, and luminosity.
Emepelle Serum is designed for women in menopause and perimenopause to directly combat signs of estrogen loss and skin aging.
- Targets Estrogen Deficient Skin with exclusive MEP Technology with clinically proven results.
- Contains antioxidants, niacinamide, peptides, and hyaluronic acid
- Fast absorbing, suitable for layering with other products and under makeup
- Gluten-free, paraben-free.
- MEP Technology® to treat EDS (Estrogen Deficient Skin)
- Vitamins C & E and Ferulic Acid – Powerful blend of antioxidants for free radical defense
- Niacinamide – Helps brighten and even skin tone, improve texture, smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and provide additional antioxidant protection.
- Peptides– Protects skin and helps with fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Helps improve hydration and supports the skin’s moisture barrier
Emepelle Night Cream is a luxurious and restorative cream that harnesses skin’s nighttime repair activities to help restore vitality and luminosity to aging skin.
Features breakthrough MEP Technology to help restore the natural function of Estrogen Deficient Skin.
Improves firmness, hydration, and luminosity. Emepelle Night Cream is designed specifically for women in menopause and perimenopause.
Night Cream Summary
- Targets the root cause of Estrogen Deficient Skin non-hormonally, with exclusive MEP Technology
- Includes retinol, niacinamide, and peptides for additional anti-aging benefits
- Features emollients and humectants, such as Shea Butter, Grape Seed Oil, and Hyaluronic Acid
- Clinically proven results
- Gluten-free, paraben-free
- MEP Technology® -Helps address the root cause of Estrogen Deficient Skin, non-hormonally to revitalize skin’s natural source of radiance
- Retinol-Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and improves skin tone.
- Niacinamide-Can brighten and even skin tone, improve texture, smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and provide additional antioxidant protection
- Peptides -Combats oxidative stress and improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and skin laxity
- Hyaluronic Acid-Helps with hydration and supports the skin’s moisture barrier.
- Emollients and Humectants-Including Shea Butter, Grape Seed Oil, and Apricot Kernel Oil. Helps to hydrate the skin and replenish the skin’s moisture barrier
Step up Your Anti-aging Skincare Routine
If you’ve got EDS of Estrogen deficient skin, then it’s essential to have a solid anti-aging skincare routine.
Here’s a quick rundown on the basics of a good anti-aging skincare routine:
Start with a gentle cleanser to remove dirt, oil, and makeup without stripping your skin of essential moisture.
I use CeraVe Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser and love it!
Exfoliate your skin 1-2 times per week with a gentle scrub or exfoliating cleanser to remove dead skin cells.
I wrote an article about the best face exfoliating products for mature skin that will help you find the perfect exfoliate for you!
Tone your skin after cleansing to help restore the pH balance of your skin and to prepare it for better absorption of moisturizers. I still love this toner after all of these years and highly recommend it.
Use a hydrating moisturizer twice daily to nourish, hydrate, and protect your skin. I use Cervae’s PM lotion and Cervae’s night cream. (along with other anti-aging serums of course!)
CeraVe products are highly recommended by dermatologists and have a great price point!
Treat your skin with anti-aging serums and creams containing MEP Technology to help improve the appearance of EDS and other signs of aging.
Retinol or Retin-A
Retin-A is The holy grail of skincare for anti-aging. Retin-A is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of acne and fine line, and wrinkles.
Related article: How to use Retin-A with Moisturizer
Apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher every morning, even on cloudy days.
By following this routine and using products with patented MEP Technology®, you can maintain healthy and youthful-looking skin for years to come.
Emepelle products can help support and protect estrogen-deficient skin from the signs of aging. To find out more about Emepelle, contact your dermatologist or visit biopelle.com.
Shop Anti-Aging Skincare Products
Conclusion: MEP Technology for Anti-aging
In conclusion, MEP Technology is a revolutionary technology that allows active anti-aging skincare ingredients to penetrate deeper into the skin to treat the effects of EDS on Estrogen deficient skin.
Estrogen-deficient skin refers to the declining levels of estrogen that help to cause the characteristic signs of aging such as epidermal thinning, loss of collagen, diminished skin moisture, increased laxity, and impaired wound healing.
The good news is using good quality anti-aging products along with products using MEP technology can greatly improve these signs of aging.
I hope that this article has been helpful in understanding MEP Technology and its benefits for skincare.
I am obsessed with all things makeup and skincare and love getting my hands dirty out in the garden, my art room, or in the kitchen, whipping up something yummy for the fam.
I’m always down to chat and love collaborating with other creatives and brands alike!
Feel free to reach out anytime!
- Hall G, Phillips TJ. Estrogen and skin: the effects of estrogen, menopause, and hormone replacement therapy on the skin.