In this article, 100 journal prompts: morning journaling prompts for self-discovery-I’ve curated 100 journal prompts to help you in your journaling journey.
When I started my morning journaling practice, the most significant barrier I faced was the blank page.
Journaling prompts can help tremendously with writer’s block or not knowing where to begin.
I hope these Morning Journaling Prompts for self-discovery help you in your journaling practice.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read disclosure here
What is Morning Journaling, and Why Should I Do it?
A journal is a written account of our thoughts and feelings as we navigate everyday life.
Simply put, morning journaling is the practice of writing thoughts, feelings, ideas, fears, dreams, and more on paper or in a journal in the morning.
My morning journaling practice is a way to begin the day with clarity and purpose.
Morning journaling is also a way to clear my mind of all the clutter in my head to make room for productivity and creativity.
The are many different kinds of journaling.
What are the different types of Journaling:
There are many kinds of journaling or ways of journaling.
Here are just a few:
- Gratitude Journaling
- Five-Year Journaling
- Morning Pages Journaling
- Bullet Journaling
- Art Journaling
- Travel Journaling
- Dream Journaling
How to Start Journaling:
The best way to start journaling is to begin. First of all, There is no wrong way to journal. So you don’t have to worry about that.
Your journaling practice is yours and yours alone.
Here are some journaling tips to get you started:
- Get yourself a journal. It can be a plain notebook or even plain paper.
- Use a pen that you like writing with (it makes a difference)
- Decide on a time (I like to journal in the morning, but any time of the day is fine)
- Write. Write your feelings, plans, and dreams. Vent. Write whatever you want.
- Use Journaling prompts like these if you need a push.
- Try not to get caught up with neatness or punctuation. It just doesn’t matter.
- Make it a habit. Stick to your journaling practice to enjoy the benefits.
The Benefits of Journaling:
According to research, journaling offers many benefits — from easing stress to sparking self-discovery.
Check out this list of health benefits of journaling:
- It helps to relieve stress
- fewer stress-related doctor visits
- Improves mood
- Greater well-being
- It helps to process thoughts
- Can clear a cluttered mind
- Journaling can help you plan your life
100 Morning Journaling Prompts for Self-Discovery
- What does living a good life mean to you? Try to write details.
- What areas of your life do you feel healthy and balanced?
- What areas of your life need more balance?
- List 10 things that make you happy. Try to be as specific as possible.
- What is an aspect of your health journey you are struggling with?
- What habits do you have a hard time committing to? Why do you think that is?
- What is your primary focus when it comes to wellness?
- What triggers your anger?
- What always puts you in a good mood?
- Are you physically healthy? What are some things you could do to be healthier?
- Do you hold grudges, or are you quick to let go?
- List 3-5 people in your life who lift you and make you feel good.
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
- Do you make yourself a priority? How could you do better?
- What is a happy memory? Write the first thing that comes to mind.
- What do you do just for yourself?
- What is most important to you in life?
- Do you have regrets? List your biggest regret.
- How often do you think about your past?
- List the healthy habits in your morning routine.
- What is the first thing you do every morning? Why
- List the healthy habits in your evening routine.
- What do you like to do right before bed? Why?
- If you were a color, what would it be and why?
- What healthy habit are you grateful you started?
- Are you an empathic person? Explain.
- What does success mean to you?
- List your current personal goals for the next year.
- List your current health goals.
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- List your favorite ten songs.
- What does think happiness is? What makes you happy?
- When was the last time you felt pure joy?
- How do you go out and find your happiness?
- List what you are grateful for today.
- How do you take yourself too seriously?
- What are you passionate about in life?
- What do you do for relaxation?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person? Why?
- When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
Related: Midlife Crisis in Women
- What creative activities or hobbies do you enjoy? Why?
- How often do you let yourself have a free day?
- List changes you want to make to your diet.
- List your best friends. What about each one makes them a good friend?
- What helps you feel alive? Write the why in detail.
- How has your mood been lately? Why?
- Are you happy with your social life? Explain.
- When do you get your best ideas?
- What is your favorite book of all time and why?
- Write a 3-minute brain dump. Go!
- How is your mental health right now?
- Do you worry a lot? List 5 things you are worried about.
- How do you feel about your body? What do you like? What do you dislike?
- How often do you think about dying? How do you feel about death?
- Do you consider yourself to be an apathetic person?
- What are your deepest fears?
- How old were you when you knew you had mental health issues?
- Do you make good decisions?
- Make a list of 5 things you have been putting off.
- Do you ever feel judged by people? Explain.
- If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would it be? Why.
- Do you like where you live?
- Do you like your job? What’s your dream job?
- Do you consider yourself to be a creative person?
- What do you do to relieve stress in your life? Explain.
- What are some things people get wrong about you?
- What has been your experience with stress?
- How do you want to feel? What do you have to do to achieve that feeling?
- What makes you angry? List 5 things that make you angry. Explain.
- What do you feel like physically when you get angry?
Related: The Best Books on Finding Purpose
- What would truly make you happy?
- What area of your life do you need more clarity?
- What is a unique talent you don’t let other people see?
- What is something you need to get off your chest today?
- What progress have you made on your personal goals?
- What is something about yourself that other people often overlook?
- Make a list of 10 things you want more of in your life.
- If you could change your name, would you, and what would it be?
- What is a recent accomplishment you are proud of?
- What is a recent challenge you overcame?
More Wellness Articles:
- How to do Morning Pages Journaling
- How to Reinvent Yourself
- The Benefits of Daily Meditation
- How to Meditate as a Christian
- Self-Care for Mental Health
- How to Practice Gratitude Daily
- How to Practice Spiritual Self-care
- Need a Hobby? Fun hobbies for women
- Bored? 100 Things to do when bored
- The five languages for couples
- Stressed? Make a Stress management plan
- Are you currently in love? Write out the details.
- What is the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- When you find yourself daydreaming, what is it about?
- What anxiety triggers do you have?
- Do you ever get lonely? Explain.
- List 5 things you want to get done this month.
- Did you dream last night?
- What makes you feel sad?
- What would it be if you could change one thing about the world?
Related: The Art of Bathing
- Write 5-10 things you are grateful for.
- Write something creative in your journal today, such as a poem or short story.
- How are you feeling today?
- What is something that made you feel happy recently?
- What is something that made you feel sad recently?
- Do you like the color of your hair?
- How often do you reach out to other people?
- How often do you think about your future? What does it look like?
- What is your favorite way to relax? Why?
- If you could meet anyone alive or dead, who would it be?
- Do you have a bucket list? Start one today
- What is your biggest strength?
- When do you feel the most alive? What lights you up?
- How do you want to end this year?
- Do you like surprises? Explain.
Shop Morning Journals
100 Journal Prompts: Morning Journaling Prompts for Self-Discovery
Alright, alright, alright!
100 Journal prompts: Morning journaling prompts for self-discovery!
Do you journal? Do you ever struggle with a blank page?
I know I do! I hope some of these journal prompts resonate with you and help you in your journey.
If you have any journal prompts you would like to share; please drop them in the comments below.
As always, thanks so much for stopping by!
Until next time,
I am obsessed with all things makeup and skincare and love getting my hands dirty out in the garden, my art room, or in the kitchen, whipping up something yummy for the fam.
I’m always down to chat and love collaborating with other creatives and brands alike!
Feel free to reach out anytime!