In this post, 50+ plant quotes Inspiring quotes for plant lovers and gardeners; I have curated a list of my favorite quotes for plant lovers and gardeners lovers.
I’ve got inspirational quotes for plant lovers, funny quotes for plant lovers, quotes about plants, and quotes for green thumbs.
This article may include affiliate links. Read full disclosure here.
Plant Quotes: Quotes for Plant Lovers + Garden Lovers
- “Beauty surrounds us, but usually we need to be walking in a garden to know it.” -Rumi
- She is like a wildflower; beautiful, fierce, and free.
- Plants can’t solve all problems, but they’re a great start.
- Where flowers bloom so does hope. – Lady Bird Johnson
- Plants give us oxygen for the lungs and for the soul. – Linda Solegato
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy plants, and that’s pretty much the same thing. -Unknown
- Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”- Martin Luther.
- “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”- Chinese proverb
- Love is like a tree; it grows of its own accord, putting deep roots into our whole being.”- Victor Hugo.
- “To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul.”- Alfred Austin.
- Before the reward, there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy.”- Ralph Ransom.
- “Everyone ought to plant a tree in their lifetime.”- Lailah Gifty Akita.
- We know we cannot plant seeds with closed fists. To sow, we must open our hands.”- Adolfo Perez Esquivel.
- “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”- Warren Buffett.
- A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- “What is a weed? A weed is a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The best place to find God is in a garden. You can dig for him there.” -George Bernard Shaw
- “I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers.”- Claude Monet.
Funny Quotes For Plant Lovers
If you are a plant lover, have houseplants in your home, or keep a garden, you know it’s important to have a sense of humor!
I hope you enjoy these funny quotes for plant lovers!
- “I thought I was pretty cool until I realized plants can eat the sun and poop out air.” — Jim Bugg
- I always thought a yard was three feet; then I started mowing the lawn.”- C.E. Cowman.
- “One sure way to lose another woman’s friendship is to try to improve her flower arrangements.” – Marcelene Cox.
- “Children in a family are like flowers in a bouquet: there’s always one determined to face in the opposite direction from the way the arranger desires.” – Marcelene Cox.
- “Growth takes time. Be patient. And while you’re waiting, pull a weed.” -Emilie Barns.
- A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows.” -Doug Larson.
- “Plant lady is the new cat lady.” -Anonymous.
- There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.”- Mirabel Osler.
- It’s Spring! I’m so excited I wet my plants! -Unknown
- “Don’t wear perfume in the garden – unless you want to be pollinated by bees.” – Anne Raver.
- “Old gardeners never die; they just go to seed.”- Unknown.
- “A weed is a plant that is not only in the wrong place but intends to stay.”- Sara Stein.
- “A man should never plant a garden larger than his wife can take care of.”- T.H. Everett.
- “There’s one good thing about snow; it makes your lawn look as nice as your neighbor’s.”- Clyde Moore.
- “I don’t know whether nice people tend to grow roses or growing roses makes people nice.”-Roland A Browne.
- “Even if you think the Big Bang created the stars, don’t you wonder who sent the flowers?”- Robert Brault.
- Gardening requires lots of water – most of it in the form of perspiration. – Lou Erickson
- I’m rooting for my flowers to grow. -Unknown
Quotes for Garden Lovers
I love to spend time in my garden. Gardening makes me feel grounded and brings my heart joy.
I hope you enjoy these quotes for garden lovers as much as I do.
- “The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies, but never grows to the enduring happiness that the love of gardening gives.”- Gertrude Jekyll
- “The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature.”- Alfred Austin
- “Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace.”- May Sarton.
- “How deeply seated in the human heart is the liking for gardens and gardening. – Alexander Smith.
- “What a man needs in gardening is a cast-iron back, with a hinge in it. ”- Charles Dudley Warner.
- “Gardening is how I relax. It’s another form of creating and playing with colors.”- Oscar de la Renta.
- “There is no gardening without humility. Nature is constantly sending even its oldest scholars to the bottom of the class for some egregious blunder.”- Alfred Austin.
- When in doubt, add flowers. -Author unknown
- Remember that children, marriages, and flower gardens reflect the kind of care they get. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “I think this is what hooks one to gardening: it is the closest one can come to being present at creation. – Phyllis Theroux.
- Garden as though you will live forever. – William Kent
- Advice from a sunflower: Be bright, sunny, and positive. Spread seeds of happiness. Rise, shine, and hold your head high.
- “All gardening is landscape painting.”- William Kent.
- “Gardening requires lots of water — most of it in the form of perspiration.”- Lou Erickson.
- “‘There’s nothing quite like the pleasure you get from plants and flowers,’ he said to himself. ‘They certainly do cheer you up.'” -Charmian Hussey
- “Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity.”- Lindley Karstens.
- “Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there. – Thomas Fuller.
- There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments. – Janet Kilburn Phillips
- Like wildflowers; you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would.” — E.V.
- “Good gardening is very simple, really. You just have to learn to think like a plant.” – Barbara Damrosch.
Green Thumb Quotes
Got a green thumb? Or maybe you are a green thumb in the making? Here are a few more quotes for green thumbs and thumb wannabes.
- You grow, girl. -Unknown
- “My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant’s point of view.” — H. Fred Dale
- “You know you are a hardcore gardener if you deadhead flowers in other people’s garden.” -Sue Careless.
- “I do some of my best thinking while pulling weeds.” — Martha Smith.
- “Like people, plants respond to extra attention.”— H. Peter Loewer.
- “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” -Vincent Van Gogh.
- “Look deep into nature, and you will understand everything better.” -Albert Einstein.
- “He who plants kindness gathers love.” -Saint Basil
- “Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.” -Frank Lloyd Wright.
- “Always do your best; what you plant now will harvest later.” -Og Mandino
- You’re only here for a short visit. Don’t hurry, don’t worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.” -Walter Haygen
Related article: Fast Growing Houseplants + Tips
Plant Quotes: 50+ Quotes for Plant Lovers + Green Thumbs
There ya go! My favorite plant quotes for plant lovers and gardeners.
Whether you have houseplants, a garden outside, or both, I hope these quotes for plant lovers brighten your day and bring you a little inspiration.
What’s your favorite quote for plant lovers? Do you know a quote that should be added to this list?
Please let me know in the comments below. 🙂
Until next time-