Water is the #1 healthy habit on everyone’s to-do list. Or at least it should be. There are so many benefits to drinking enough water every day that it’s just crazy!
I know for a fact that when I drink enough water-I feel better and look better. Period, exclamation point!
Water is the first line of defense for almost every health complaint.
Got a headache? Drink some more water. Brain fog? Water. Just feel like overall crap? Water. Want a avoid a hangover? Water.
Here are a few benefits of drinking enough water [from my poing of view]
- It increases my overall energy level
- When I drink enough water I see a difference in my skin!
- It curbs hunger. More water= less hungry
- Keeps that dreaded brain fog at bay (Really!)
- Helps the kidneys do what the kidneys do best
- Relieves that whole constipation thing
- Major Headache + Hangover helper
How much water do I need to drink anyway?
Word on the street is that we should drink AT LEAST 1/2 of our body weight in ounces! AT LEAST. I drink more than that because I count other liquids as well. I drink 1/2 my body weight in ounces as well as other liquids so at the end of the day I’m good to go!
Easy Tricks + Tips to achieving your water goals:
First things first.
- Drink a FULL GLASS of water first thing in the morning before you even get out of bed! I have a glass of water at my beside at the ready, and it’s perfect for me because I have to take my thyroid meds first thing anyway.
- Drink 8 ounces before you eat a meal or snack a snack
- Throughout the day -before you eat ANYTHING- Drink the water! This is my favorite tip because drinking 8 ounces of water before I eat helps me to 1) easily meet my water intake goals AND 2) Fills me up so I tend to eat LESS! YAY!
Get the app or (old school I know…) set a timer.
I have an app on my phone called @mywaterapps that reminds me to drink keeps track of my daily fluid intake. What I love about this app is that it not only keeps track of my water intake-it tracks all fluids which all count towards the daily goal!
When all else fails:
If at the end of the day you haven’t consumed enough water, do what I do which is stand over the kitchen sink and down the stuff -like it’s medicine. Chug a lug, my friend.
So there you have it. Seems easy enough, right?! Well yes and no.
Sometimes the easiest of habits trip us up the most. I guess it’s just part of the human condition. At any rate-all we can do on any given day is our best. Good thing that when we wake up every morning we have yet another chance to do better.
Do you drink enough water? If so-How? Please share your tips & tricks in the comments below. Sharing is caring!
Happy drinking my friends!